Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gulf Shores Shopping & Yard Sale Finds

 Hi friends! My boyfriend and I just returned from a relaxing vacation with his family, so I wanted to share a few pics. I hope everyone has a chance to visit the beautiful beaches of Gulf Shores, Alabama at least once. The sand is so much prettier and softer than most beaches I have been to and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Not to mention the cute little boutiques and beachy restaurants. 


We spent one day at Sawgrass Landing, which has many interesting and unique shops (mostly boutique-type). We ate lunch at the original Oyster House there, which was my favorite meal of the trip, and then stopped by "The Little Zoo that Could". How cute!!!


 The kids have worn us old people out after a night of go-carting, mini golf and sky-coastering.
 Jeff's niece Jenna had a good time riding the rides and even helped me drive the go cart.
After dinner, we listened to live music on the boardwalk. 


 My favorite part of the trip, of course, was hitting the boutiques and the outlet mall on the way home. What was supposed to be a short stop ended up being a 4-hour detour, forcing us to eat Chinese dinner in the food court and putting us on the 10-hour road home around 8 pm. Needless to say, the boyfriend was not a happy camper driving home. I say the new Lilly accessories were worth it :)
 Miss B can't wait to use the coozie for my early morning Diet Cokes in the classroom!


Well, we got home from the trip early Saturday morning and after a quick nap in the car, I was restless to get out and do some more shopping. So, I decided to hit some yard sales with the 10 dollars cash left over in my wallet. 
 Found this cute old hat box from a sweet little lady for $1. I'll be using this to store all my summer scarves that have taken over my closet!

 Found this great set of antique plates from the same sweet little old lady. 
I'm not quite sure what the original purpose of this is, but it caught my eye and I just had to have it for my new living room decor.

All this plus a great wicker nightstand that matches my shabby chic decor for under $10. I was glad I stopped, summer Saturday morning bargain-hunting always puts me in a good mood. Keep your eye out, and you never know what kind of treasures you might find! 


What is the most exciting bargain you've ever found?


Happy Hunting,


Miss B

No comments:

Post a Comment