Sunday, November 9, 2014

Give Thanks... our Thanksgiving decor & some holiday inspiration!

Turkey Day is fast approaching, and I can hardly contain my excitement for the upcoming holidays! There is just something about this season that makes everything feel magical. 

I recently posted our Fall Home Tour (click pic below to view) and this weekend we added a couple of Thanksgiving-inspired decorations to our living area. 


The director at my preschool started the cutest little shop to help support our school called the Blue Bird Market. People donate vintage and industrial decor and housewares, and they also have a contract with Pottery Barn to sell overstock items. This weekend I went in and immediately spotted this "gather" pillow cover that I had been pining over in Pottery Barn catalog. The zipper was broken, but it was $5 people! I brought it home with me and with a little stuffing and sewing machine love, it was the perfect addition to our living room.

You can get yours here for $19.50 (marked down from $39.50) so we're all winning!


Since Thanksgiving is so close to Halloween and Christmas, I didn't have the time or energy this year to do much decorating. I did bring in this old window frame from the garage and made these super simple GIVE THANKS banners to add a little somethin-somethin:


I just cut out triangles from burlap big enough to fit my letter stencils. Then, I used black acrylic paint to stencil the letters on and hot-glued them on black ribbon. Thankful my easy project turned out pretty decent. At least Sadie approves.

On another note I am itching to get out the Christmas decorations. Hubby says I have to wait until Black Friday :( . Maybe he won't notice if they sneak upstairs a few at a time. I may have done a little shopping today on the way to get supplies for our business:


Reindeer stocking holders- Kohl's ($10 with coupon in e-mail!); holiday ribbon- Sam's Club ($7 each); kitchen towels, mercury glass ornaments, & throw- Marshalls

Run, don't walk to Marshalls & check out all their holiday items...think rustic decorations, mercury glass christmas trees, & silver reindeer everywhere!



I'm off to watch The Walking Dead with this guy (currently plying him with margaritas so he doesn't notice all the new holiday items). Enjoy your Sunday evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment