Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy Easter, Y'all!


I hope everyone had a wonderful and uplifting Easter weekend. For me, it was a great time to enjoy family, good food, and remember the reason for the season. 

One thing I took away from church on Sunday was that it's easy to feel refreshed and renewed on Easter morning, but we should wake up like every day is Easter. 

Romans 6:4

…just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.  





Our Easter table

 Saw it, pinned it, did it. I saw this adorable idea on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and had to try it. You boil the eggs, go ahead and peel them and cut them, and then you soak the halves in the dye. It took ours a little longer to change color completely, but I think they turned out really cute (Grandma was a little afraid to try them, but don't worry your mouth won't change colors)! 

We used one of those egg dying kits and added vinegar and a tablet to each cup. I would say it took at least 5 minutes for the color to be the way I wanted it once you put the egg in. 



My brothers and I , our annual photo op :)
We were a little upset this year to discover the Easter bunny had not come and hidden baskets of candy. Apparently, that stops at 25. 


What did you do to celebrate Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment