Monday, May 13, 2013

Welcome Sadie & Ballin' on a Budget (classroom-style)

So this is what B said to his mom on Mother's Day..."Brittany's gonna be a mom too". He failed to mention the puppy mom part. But it's TRUE....Sadie Mae will be ready to come home in 5 short days :)

Like any new mom, I figure I better be prepared...

Wait, I have to put this together???

We are ready to welcome the princess!



On a different note, I will be switching from teaching 3rd to 1st grade next year, which means a whole new classroom (aka opportunity to buy lots of stuff for my new kiddos!)

Since I am always ballin' on a budget, I decided to hit up the Dollar Tree first. They have some awesome teacher finds y'all: 

I am planning to decorate in lime green, tealish blue, and black and white (I'm thinkin' lots of chalkboard paint).  The zebra alphabet border has cute green polka dot at the top. I also scored some lined dry-erase boards and magnetic letters for word work, a post-it/ paperclip organizer for my desk, birthday certificates, and these adorable nametags and sentence strips (I laminated & used them for desk nametags this year, or could use them for word wall words under the alphabet letters). 


Also, this is off-topic but how cute is this meal planner from the Target Dollar spot?



I have an obsession with children's books, and love finding them for a good deal. All of these came from various yard sales last weekend. Love it! I'm planning to organize my library in 3 levels by Lexile next year, so already getting a head start.

Love the Dr. Seuss collection I scored for 10 cents each!

Also got this awesome tote to carry them all in for $3.

Where do you bargain hunt?

No comments:

Post a Comment