Sunday, June 9, 2013

Thrifty Teacher Finds

This weekend, I had some awesome garage sale finds for $.50- $1.00 each!

The first thing I found is this collection of mostly brand new educational games. And of course, I have already post-it labeled what I plan to use them for (so I don't forget haha)! 
1. Sight word game- erasable boards with different sight word families at the top. Students have to find the matching word tiles and then write the word with dry-erase marker. This could be used in small groups or as a center.
2. Scrabble cards- could be used for any word work center or game to make words.
3. Counting bears activity set- I just LOVE these bear manipulatives and so glad to get my hands on another set. We just had a PD training about the importance of number sense and addition in first grade. I thought this would be a great resource for students who are in the stage of counting collections and then adding them together. You could differentiate by covering one or both of the addends and it also reinforces that a number stands for a collection that can be added onto. The possibilities for these little guys are endless!
4. My first number pairs card game- so I know that this is targeted for pre-school, but thought it would be good for small group intervention or a center. You could  have kids first find the number and collection picture that matches it, then find the other pair and add them together to solve an addition problem.
 This might be my absolute favorite find! Brand new, never opened Dr. Seuss game treasury. I haven't explored all the games yet, but there is an alphabet game that will fit nicely with our first Reading unit: Alphabet Books and Children Who Read Them. Now, if we can just keep all the pieces together....

Kindergarten & First Grade Activity Books- I can use these to pull resources for homework, morning work, extra resources worksheets, etc. There are lots of great activities in here!


Where do you find bargains for the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment