Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Paleo 30 Day Challenge

So...this is my second time around trying the Paleo thing. If you know me, you know I have a tiny bit of a HUGE sweet tooth & a slight MAJOR obsession with Diet Coke. Hence, my TV-time snack last night.

Although I'd like to say I've been preparing healthy, home-cooked meals for my new husband the last 6 months, let's be honest...we've been eating a bunch of processed crap. Time to make some changes around here.

Blake is even doing it with me, partially to be more healthy but mostly because he would rather starve than grocery shop himself (he eats whatever I do)! We found this awesome blog to use as a guide for the 30 day challenge. She guides you through each day, telling you how much water to drink, when to drink it, what to eat for each meal, what exercise to do. She even has a grocery list for the week & links to the exercise videos...so she makes it super easy for you!

I'm hoping to use the power of prayer & accountability of friends to stay motivated. By being intentional about eating & exercise for a month, I feel like this will be a way to simplify & free up space from "foodie thoughts" in the future and just live a more healthy lifestyle.

Our kitchen is Paleo-ready!

First attempt at breakfast quiche


No comments:

Post a Comment